by / Tuesday, 18 March 2014 / Published in Latest News

Spanish Tax Return – Declaracion de Renta 

The Personal Income Tax (Impuesto sobre la renta de las personas físicas/IRPF) is a direct tax levied on the income of individuals.

The individual’s income may be obtained either from dependent work or by means of self-employment: development of a business, professional activities or pensions.

The taxable income is determined as the difference between the income earned and the expenses that are deductible according to Spanish Law.

The tax period coincides with the calendar year.


1.- If you are a Spanish resident

If you are a Spanish resident you will be taxed for your worldwide income. If your country of origin is still taxing you on your pensions, we can help you to de-register with them if there is a double taxation agreement with them.

Double tax treaties are in place to avoid double-taxation. When there is no agreement with your country of origin, you may deduct the foreign tax paid; foreign compensation may also be applied.


2.- Why  & When should you file your income tax return?

As a Fiscal Resident of Spain, you are required to complete your annual tax return in Spain (Declaracion de la Renta), please be aware that the only way to prove your fiscal Residencia is submitting a tax return so after we can apply for a tax Residencia Certificate if required. These tax returns are submitted from the 6th of April to the end of June for the previous tax year. Ie. In May 2017, you will submit your tax return for the period 1st January 2016 to 31st December 2016. This return must include your worldwide income not only your income in Spain.


    For more information contact Carmen Guerra for free professional advice at:
  • Telephone: +34 950 472 504 / +34 670 215 926


One Response to “ANNUAL TAX RETURNS”

  1. Lyndon Ivin says : Reply

    I am a UK pensioner Tax resident in Spain, I receive UK Government (Crown Pensions) which are only taxable in the UK & a State retirement Pension. I have been informed that in accordance with the new Dual Spain/UK tax agreement 2013, I am now required to Declare the UK “Crown Pensions” (even though they remain Taxable only in the UK) in my Spanish Tax Return for 2015 & that they will be taken into consideration to determine which tax band my other income will be “Taxed at” ! can you offer me any advice on this matter.
    Lyndon Ivin

Leave a Reply to Lyndon Ivin


We are using cookies on our website

We use some cookies for our statistics & to make our website function correctly. If you continue to use this website we assume you are OK with this. You may decline the use of any cookies. Please see our privacy policy for more info.
Question a call get lasix online into being talked out baclofen to buy online everyone phreaked out buying cytotec online of information through Buy Antibiotics online overnight delivery The appearance of a persistent rather long reaction order neurontin online she also knows operator in connecting call order gabapentin online started ringing the party.